2.27.2008

where the music matters...

KEXP - Seattle

This is undoubtedly the coolest radio station on the planet. Period. End of discussion.

I am now a card-carrying member. I pledged during their spring membership drive. The DJs read my email on the air. Worldwide audience, folks. I told them why they rock my audio universe, for reasons they already knew. They are remarkably low-key about reigning supreme both on local Seattle airwaves and online.

You will not find a more eclectic mix than on this station... this commercial-free station. It's a public radio station that has operated for over 30 years without corporate interference. This explains why they are the best in the world.

KEXP is cool; people who support public radio are cool; ergo, my coolness is now certifiable.




No comments: