6.19.2008

sushi-assisted recovery...


Bonnaroo ferris wheel


So this time last week I was baked at Bonnaroo.
I got some sun, too - so I suppose that made me a twice-baked potato... ;)

As usual, the event was a wild musical rollercoaster ride. Getting there was no small miracle. After an automotive scare a mile from home (nearly nixed the trip when I ran over a rock which looked small from a distance but proved to be quite large when it scraped the undercarriage of my car, barely missing the oilpan - still have to repair the damage underneath, oh joy.) One trip to the closest mechanic and two hours in traffic later, I made it to Bonnaroo and secured a primo spot in general camping. Aside from a downpour of biblical proportions on Friday nite, the long weekend was incredible.

I made it back in one piece...only to return to a severely overdrawn checking account on Tuesday and a tax audit @ work yesterday and today. This, my friends, is karmic payback for all the fun I had. So tonight I am drowning my fiscal woes in Sam Adams Summer Ale and california rolls. Beer and sushi: the two items I never forgo even when pathetically broke...

Play-by-play Bonnaroo analysis is forthcoming...gotta finish uploading the pics. Here's a teaser:


Annual aerial shot of the farm (stages at 4 & 6 o'clock)


The "Which" stage (+30,000 fans)


The "What" stage (+100,000 fans)


Apropos graffiti after the ill-timed "show"...




No comments: