6.12.2008

P.U.I. ?

File this under: "Photoshopping Under the Influence."

This, my friends, is the result of some young, punk-ass 'shroom junkie with a souped-up Mac being paid exorbitant amounts of money to produce something "creative" and then laughing all the way to the bank.

I present to you this year's Bonnaroo admission ticket, resized to fit the screen. Seriously, it's over 8" long.

(The bobblehead statue thing makes sense to those who've been there; giant versions of it are located between the two main stages, which is really freaky when you're tripping and a nightmare when you're lost and/or both, but I digress...and no, the giant ones on the farm don't have a gleaming grill...)

By comparison, last year's ticket was classier. The metallic ink doesn't scan well, but you get the idea:


You can experience Bonnaroo live online this weekend. Check out AT&T's Blue Room* or FuseTV* for live concert footage and who knows what else. I doubt either channel will show the massive numbers of naked people painted various rainbow shades. Yep, nothin' says summer like buck naked college coeds painted blue or green from head to toe. Seeing that is kinda freaky too, when you're in the aforementioned state, although they seemed to blend in during The Flaming Lips' show...

*(Contrary to popular belief, I receive no compensation whatsoever for these plugs. I'm just trying to recruit hordes of Bonnaroo virgins for next year...)

Must curtail this rambling & pack. I'm supposed to hit the road in a few hours; it might behoove me to get my habitually dilatory ass in second gear at some point. News, reviews & photos to follow upon my return.




No comments: