5.19.2008

deep-fried southern stupidity...

File this under: 101 Things I Hate About the South

Oh, how proud am I to live in this backwards state full of petty, narrow-minded, bigoted morons? Tennessee is the state of my birth and the state of my residence. But it is not the state I call "home" because I never want to associate myself with the types of individuals who attack a political candidate's wife the way the Tennessee Republican Party has unjustifiably questioned the patriotism of Michelle Obama.

How proud am I? These antics make me ashamed to be a native Tennesseean. However, I applaud Barack Obama's stern rebuttal towards the idiotic TN GOP.

Here is his campaign's dignified response:

"This is a shameful attempt to attack a woman who has repeatedly said she wouldn't be here without the opportunities and blessings of this nation. The Republican Party's pathetic attempts to use the same smear tactics to win elections have failed in Mississippi, failed in Louisiana, and will fail in November because the American people are looking for a positive vision of real change. And if the Tennessee Republican Party has a problem with Senator Obama, maybe next time they'll have the courage to address him directly instead of attacking his family." - excerpted from
The Huffington Post (5.16.08)

Indeed, I relish the day I pack up & leave this state for the last time...



No comments: