7.21.2008

all hail, word nerds...



I've been remiss in posting of late. The new job has me, as the old saying goes, "busier than a one-armed paper hanger." Or something like that. I meant to post this earlier in the week. More updates on recent changes forthcoming...assuming my motivation prevails before the fall semester starts in three weeks...


A cartoon fit for a grammar goddess/word nerd/English major...and its timing in this week's New Yorker coincides nicely with Monday's A Word A Day: grammatolatry

PRONUNCIATION:
(gram-uh-TOL-uh-tree)

MEANING:
noun: The worship of words: regard for the letter while ignoring the spirit of something.


I'm gonna love this week's theme of "words about language." Does that make me a certifiable grammatolator? Or a grammatolatrix? Or just certifiable? ;)



No comments: