1.01.2008

Welcome, 2008

The holidays are finally over. I am cautiously optimistic that 2008 will witness many goals attained and dreams fulfilled...but, as in years past, I won't be surprised if it pans out the other way. History has made me a realist.

So what are my goals for this year? The usual: find those elusive things that I have lived without for far too long - a fulfilling job, an ideal mate, a clue about my role in life. Oh, and a vacation wouldn't be bad, either. But goals and plans are often quite different things.

My plans for this year? Get out more. Do more things. Meet more people. Go more places, even if it means going alone. Write more. Ride more. Play more. Learn more. Apparently I have already established a year-long plan of more stuff. It's as if my goal is to infuse my current level of life (where I really only squeeze out about 8% of possible enjoyment) with ambitious energy and ride the wave it creates. Yep, apparently I want a life jacked up on hypothetical steroids, so full of zest it oozes from my every pore. Let's hope I can find more of that most elusive element - free time - so I can fulfill those plans.

Here's to dreams becoming reality...




No comments: